Friday, April 20, 2007

Blessings

So God is good. Sometimes it just seems harder to notice. As I talked to my mom today, I realized alot of the things that the Lord has given me. The Lord has given me favor, He has given me mothers and fathers when I need them, He as given me a place to live, and He has given me friends. Just to share a few...

Last Sunday after church a husband and his wife invited Jacky and myself out for dinner. The husband asked why I was here and where I was staying. Then later in the evening he was telling me that if he and his wife stay in the country that he would like to rent an apartment in the center of the city for people like me. For people whom God has called to the area. This place would be a minimal cost but it would be available for people. Then he said if his son hadn't just gotten his room to himself. HE would kick his son out of his room and let me stay there while his son sleeps on the couch. I know nothing physical came out of that night, other than supper, but there was just this sense of favor and that there are people in this city and I can lean on when I need help.

Yesterday, was a hard day. I had some disappointments occur. Now what occurred was God and was or will be good, it is simply hard at the time. So I went to Succot Hallel and worshipped and listened to a man who is connected in ministry with Heidi Baker. It was fun to be around a group of people who were manifesting in the Holy Spirit. (I'll tell you a story from that later on.) Then I went back to the Hostel late. I didn't feel like going to bed because I was still feeling sad. So I went into the kitchen and there was a lady and her son packing some things up to ship home. She asked me how I was and I said not good. She asked why and I told her. And she became a good substitute mother. She tried to make me feel better and invited me to join her and her son the next day. I helped them pack and then went to bed. Now my bed faces the bathroom and when the light is on it shines in my face. So when she came in she put her towel on the bed in front of me so that the light would not shine in my eyes. Then this morning she asked how I was and I said not so good. She then gave me a bottle of water and she said that the water in the bottle was from so river by some Pharaoh and that you are to dump it on your head and you will be blessed and she gave it to me. Now not that I believe that this water will bless me I do know that for the time I needed it the Lord gave me a mother to try to physically make me feel better.

There are the 2 examples of the Lord being good that I can type easily. You can stop reading now or you can hear the story from Succot Hallel.

So at Succot Hallel we worshipped for about an hour and a half and then the man got up to speak. He didn't really speak as much as speak the father heart for that time. So a bunch of things happened and people were getting blessed and I was cheering up. Then he talked alittle about having a vision from the Lord. That we need a vision. Then he asked for those people who had never received a vision from the Lord to raise their hands so he could pray for them. Now there were about 75 people there. No one raised their hand. He asked so you all have had a vision and we all nodded or said yes. Then he asked well who would like more visions and everyone raised their hand. So he invited us up and he prayed for all of us. It was just incredible to be around a group of people like that. So there's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments: