Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Shema Israel Adonia Eloheniu

Shema Israel Adonia Eloheniu Adonia Echad. Hear O Israel the Lord is God, the Lord our God is One.

There was another terrorist attack today downtown Jerusalem. I was getting ready for the day and heard a handful of sirens going down the street. I didn't think much about it, it happens fairly often downtown. But it did sound like a lot. Then when I went to cross the street more came, a police van and two medic bikes. Then as I crossed the street I could hear even more coming. I was on my way to the top floor anyways, so I knew I could look out and see if I could figure out what was going on.

I got to the top floor and looked out the window. I could see where they were all going. They were headed to the construction site, just up the road. But that still didn't tell us much.

Then we got the news. A bulldozer ran into 2 buses and several cars. And that it was a terorist attack. He had an Israeli ID and lived in East Jerusalem. The reports are still coming since it is still new. For more information you can go to www.jpost.com and find more. A guard in his car said it was an attack because he looked the guy in the eyes and he said he was calm. So it wasn't just and accident. He was shot by an IDF (Israeli Defense Force) soldeir on leave. The soldier is apparently the brother of the soldier who killed the last terrorist at the Yeshiva.

Please continue to pray for Israel. I will say pray for her peace, because that is what God commands. But please pray for her protection and strength in the trails to come. God does not look well on people who mess with his counrty. It says in scriptures Zechariah 2:8 "... for he who touches you touches the apple of His eye." And I have learned that the phrase "apple of his eye" means pupil. So, those who touch Israel, are poking God in His eye. And who of us would deal nicely with someone who pokes our eye. So please pray for Israel, for wisdom and love to the unlovely.

No comments: