Thursday, July 10, 2008

Amazing Week

I know I said amazing week but I just want to mention a few things.

On Tuesday nights I go to the Youth Watch at Succot Hallel. This week the night was exciting. What usually happens is there is an hour and a half of worship and we have youth playing a prayer leader who will read scriptures that the Lord impresses on him. Well, tonight one of my friends, a 13 year old (she's a sweetie), got a scripture and she went up and shared it with the prayer leader and then he had her read it. It was just fun to watch her step out of her comfort zone and do that. I am enjoying watching the youth take bold steps. Plus, it blessed me to see, even though I know, that there are oppurtunities for youth and kids to be mentored and brought up in hearing and sharing the Lord.

Then on Wednesday night I had to rush back to town from Succot Hallel (Young Adults watch). Because a group of youth wanted to do an all night prayer watch at the Prayer Tower and I agreed to be there. By midnight most of them had left, but 3 stayed from 11pm until 6am. And they really prayed the whole time. There were breaks about every hour. But they had focus and prayed for their country and friends. That was really awesome to watch.

No comments: